Partnering with an MSP is one of the best ways businesses can protect themselves against the growing cyber security threat landscape. Here are some stats you can share to help convince decision makers:
1. Worldwide cyber security spending will reach $96 billion by the end of 2018 (source).
2. Over 260 million records containing sensitive information have been compromised in the first four months of 2018 (source).
3. While the time it takes to detect an attack varies from company to company, on average it takes over 200 days to detect a breach (source).
4. Almost a quarter of cybersecurity professionals (23 percent) assess the probability of future attacks to their organization as very or extremely likely (source).
5. Cybercrime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021 (source).
6. 54 percent of organizations experienced one or more ransomware incident in 2017 (source).
7. In 2017, the average ransom payment grew to $3,675 per ransom (source).
8. 81 percent of organizations claim that negligent or careless employees are the top risk to endpoint security (source).
9. In 2015, 3.3 million mobile apps were classified as malware (source).
10. 85 percent of enterprises are now using sensitive data in the cloud, up from 54 percent in 2015 (source).
11. On average, 9.3 percent of documents shared externally in the cloud contain sensitive content (source).
12. In 2016, 64 percent of patient medical files were successfully targeted by cybercriminals (source).
13. 80 percent of small medical practices are unconfident that their mobile devices are HIPAA compliant (source).