Or Call 843-881-4651
"I am really enjoying the server care program that we got set up.
It is great to know that my server is in a healthy state."
Tyson Dutton, Director of Technology
If you're looking for a way to make your technology run trouble-free and at its absolute best, you have to be able to monitor, maintain, update, and support it. That's what our Managed Services do for you. You can focus on running your business and leave the technology work to us.
A managed services provider (MSP) is typically an information technology (IT) services provider that manages and assumes responsibility for providing a defined set of services to their clients either proactively or as they (not the client) determine that the services are needed. Most MSPs bill an upfront setup or transition and an ongoing flat or near-fixed monthly fee, which benefits their clients by providing them with predictable IT support costs. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) sometimes are contracted to manage multiple staffing vendors and to measure their effectiveness in filling positions according to a customer's standards and requirements. In effect, the MSP serves as a "neutral" party that offers the customer a complete workforce solution while ensuring efficient operation and leveraging multiple staffing companies to obtain competitive rates. MSPs often use specialized software, in order to control and deploy managed services to their customers known as Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) software.
With NetTec NSI Managed Services we are your trusted provider, like a virtual IT department you can call on whenever you need us. We're always there monitoring, maintaining and managing your systems. We know what's there, what needs updating and how things are running. We act automatically to resolve issues and keep systems optimized so they improve your business productivity.
The Top 10 Benefits of Outsourcing IT through Managed Services
Immediate benefits can be gained by outsourcing IT services through NetTec NSI Managed Services.
1. Control IT Costs - Outsourcing converts fixed IT costs into variable costs and allows you budget effectively. In other words, only pay for what you use when you need it.
2. Reduce Labor Costs - Hiring and training an IT staff can be very expensive, and temporary employees don't always live up to your expectations. Outsourcing with managed services lets you focus your human resources where you need them most.
3. Trained, Experienced, Qualified, Certified - If you’re not IT trained, how do you assure an employee is qualified? Certifications like Microsoft Certified Systems Enginner (MCSE) and cyber security certifications are important and so is experience. Managed service providers maintain these and see hundreds and thousands of different systems, applications and configurations to bolster their experience.
4. Qualified doesn’t Equal Experienced - Few problems are new for leading IT service companies, which see related problems multiple times. An in-house IT employee leads an isolated existence no matter how much they train. We'd all rather have the expertise of an experienced doctor; the same is true for IT.
5. Increase Efficiency and Competitiveness - Organizations that try to do all IT Services in-house themselves can have much higher research, development, and implementation time, all of which increase costs and downtime and are ultimately passed on to customers.
6. Quickly Implement New Technology - A quality outsourced IT service organization will have the resources to start new projects right away. Handling the same project in-house might involve weeks or months to hire the right people, train them, and provide the support they need. For most implementations, quality IT companies will bring years of experience in the beginning saving time and money.
7. Stay Focused on Your Core Business - Businesses have limited resources, and every manager has limited time and attention. Outsourcing can help your business stay focused on your core business and not get distracted by complex IT decisions.
8. Reduce risk - Every business investment carries a certain amount of risk. Markets, competition, government regulations, financial conditions, and technologies all change very quickly. Managed service providers assume and manage much of this risk for you, with specific industry knowledge, especially security and compliance issues. They generally are much better at deciding how to avoid risk in their areas of expertise.
9. Level the Playing Field - Most small businesses can't afford to match the in-house IT support services that larger companies maintain. Managed services can help small companies act "big" by giving them access to the similar technology, and expertise that large companies enjoy. An independent third party managed cost structure and economy of scale can give your company a competitive advantage. To gain a competitive advantage, your competitors are either already using managed IT services or will do so soon.
10. Compliance and Security - Is your firewall up to date? Do you have a DMZ installed? Do you audit your Workstations and Servers? Has your company implemented PCI security standards and work to maintain those standards? For example, businesses have more ways than ever to prosper by taking many forms of payments such as credit and debit cards, gift certificates, e-checks, wire transfers to name a few, but with these forms of transacting also comes the need for due diligence. By outsourcing security and compliance to a qualified manages services company who is familiar with PCI compliance standards, you can rest assured that your company is minimizing the risks associated with maintaining client data, credit card numbers, sensitive competitive information and more.
Call us now to get your technology managed
With NetTec NSI, you can “grow as you go.” This means you have the flexibility to start with the managed IT services that make the most sense for your organization, and then grow with us as your needs grow. Many business executives who are responsible for IT prefer that we take IT off of their hands. In these cases, we host and manage their entire IT infrastructure, including desktops, servers, networks and more.
What We Do
Manage and monitor desktops, servers and networks
Install, manage and update virus, spam and spyware/malware software (security)
Install and manage software updates and patches
Back up servers and workstations
Install and manage firewalls
Host your desktops, applications, data and email in our geo-redundant data centers
Provide anywhere access to your email, applications and desktops
Provide 24/7/365 IT support via the NetTec NSI Customer Care Center—located in North America
Provide you with a Customer Advocate, to make sure your issues and concerns are addressed and you continue to be thrilled with NetTec NSI
Services can be offered based on your IT management needs. Contact us to learn more.
Desktop Co-op Remote Desktops - A secure, affordable, trouble-free alternative to purchasing, managing and maintaining desktop equipment.
Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) - Desktop Care, Elite Server Care and Help Desk for a small, fixed monthly fee — a mere fraction of the cost of hiring a technician — we’ll take away the worry, frustration and considerable cost of managing your IT environment.
Network Assessments - we identify potential risks and security threats, determine which devices are residing in a given network, and more.
IT Support - a range of services by which we provide assistance to our clients users of technology products such as mobile phones, computers, servers, software products or other electronics.
Email Options – Email is the lifeblood of many organizations. We offer the following options for our hosted email service:
Migration to the best cloud services available
Email Best Practice review and adherence
Cloud Sync for Smart phone mobility
Archiving for compliance
Advanced Threat Protection for reduced vulnerability to phishing
Contact NetTec NSI to see how NetTec Managed Services For Small and Mid-size Businesses can help your company achieve IT Peace of Mind.
What to Look for During Your Search for a Managed Services Provider
Is your organization outgrowing its in-house IT solution? Whether your business is large or small, your focus should be on your business rather than on IT, computers and technology. If it seems like things are operating the other way around, it’s probably time to start your search for a Managed Services Provider (MSP). Outsourcing to an MSP will ultimately help your business grow and operate at its full potential so it is important that whoever you choose is not just a provider, but your true partner in IT. How do you ensure that you’re making the right choice? Here are some key factors to consider along your search for an MSP partner.
Professional and experienced
Start by looking for a reputable company with at least ten years in the business. The provider should be experienced in serving a wide variety of industries. Their staff should consist of certified technicians and engineers who carry out specialized roles – they should not rely on one person to perform every technical task.
Be sure to meet with the provider in person or take a tour of their facilities. How the MSP presents professionally is usually a good indicator for how well they are going to care for your data and systems. You need to ensure you are confident in the MSP’s abilities to handle your needs and support your critical IT infrastructure.
Sized just right
As your business grows, so will your IT demands. Your provider must be large enough to handle your needs. A small IT shop is not equipped with the workforce and expertise that a larger MSP can readily provide. On the same token, industry giants won’t be able to provide the attention and care that a local provider can. Look for an MSP that is sized just right – large enough to accommodate your needs, yet small enough that they know your name, your business and your IT infrastructure inside and out.
Remember, your MSP should be your partner – that means from the very beginning of your relationship they are looking at the big picture. They are thinking about what solution is best for your business, not what’s best for their pockets. They make sure the solution they provide meets your budget, protects your data and complies with any industry standards you must meet, while also factoring in the technical direction you’ll want to go in the future and helping you strategize. They should take a proactive approach, resolving any isolated issues before they become business impacting problems.
Breadth of services
What does the provider offer beyond basic Managed Services support? Do they provide backup and storage management or a help desk solution? What about beyond their Managed Services practice? Can the provider accommodate your data storage and disaster recovery needs as well? As your business grows you may consider moving your in-house IT infrastructure to a cloud provider. Why not make that move with the provider that you already entrust as your outsourced IT team? Look for a provider who offers a variety of services and has the experience and ability to accommodate all your IT needs.
IT issues don’t always happen during normal business hours, that’s why when it comes to IT support, it’s critical that your MSP is available 24/7/365. No matter if it’s a weekend, holiday or 3 am, your provider should be available to provide support should an issue arise. You will rest easier knowing someone is always there monitoring your critical devices and ready to respond to any issues.
Better Patch Management with NetTec NSI Managed Services
Why do you need to have your patches tested before deploying them?
Microsoft Security Patch Testing Overview
How NetTec NSI’s NOC Helps You Test and Manage Security Patch Rollups
Patching is an important service we provide to clients to help keep their software secure, up-to-date, and running efficiently. However, new patches often cause issues with existing applications, which can create additional work for your team and result in lost productivity. To avoid these problems, our NOC thoroughly tests new patches before deploying them.
To help reduce the number of issues experienced when installing Microsoft’s monthly security patch rollup, our NOC technicians conduct extensive testing to identify any errors and conflicts with existing applications so we can provide a more efficient and comprehensive patching service to our clients.
Below is an overview of our Windows security rollup patch testing process:
Day 1: Patch Tuesday
Microsoft releases their monthly security patch rollup on Patch Tuesday, the second Tuesday of each month. At this time, we delay the installation of this rollup for two weeks to thoroughly test how the installation impacts common business applications.
Note: Patch rollup is only delayed if the security updates/Delay for NOC Testing option is enabled in the patch policy. In addition, any identified zero-day patch follows the same patch policies designated for security updates, but the testing period is expedited to seven calendar days (rather than 14).
Day 11: Patch Testing Report Published
Eleven days after Patch Tuesday, we publish a report in our Doc Center listing any identified issues and, if applicable, providing steps to avoid or remediate the issue. This report also includes any previously blacklisted patches included in the monthly rollup.
Day 14: Patch Rollup Released
Fourteen days after the patch rollup is made available, it is marked as NOC Tested and made available for download and installation according to existing patch policies.
Note: If significant and/or extensive issues are found with the patch rollup, NetTec NSI may delay the release of that rollup past Day 14 to provide us with more time to prepare and to minimize the impact on end clients.
The Benefits of Patch Rollup Testing
Patch management can be a very time-consuming process for both MSPs and end clients. By delaying the installation of Microsoft’s monthly security patch rollup, our team is able to extensively test the different patches within the rollup on your behalf—helping us identify and remediate issues before they happen and provide a better overall patching service to our clients.
Additionally, delaying the installation provides other software vendors with time to release updates that fix known issues, giving us a better chance at avoiding additional problems altogether.
Our job as an MSP is to minimize our clients’ technology issues so that they can keep their business running smoothly. With NetTec NSI’s patch testing process, you don’t just have a patch management tool; we have a complete team that enables us to provide a better patching service to our clients.
Ready to start your search?
NetTec NSI Managed Services offers the full package – we are more than just a provider, we act as an extension of your team. Whether you have limited or no IT resources or just need some assistance, we have the solution that provides just the right amount of support you need. Schedule a Consultation with one of our experts to find out how you can benefit from Managed Services.